- 2010 – present: CBRN and biosafety consultancy (Marble ChemBio Consulting)
- 1992 – 2010: CBRN Protection; biosafety officer (TNO)
- 1982 – 1992: Genetic modification of bacteria and fungi; biosafety officer (TNO)
- 2015 – present: Biosafety consultant for design and validation of the new building for Dutch National Health Institute RIVM. https://www.wegtotdewetenschap.nl/
- 2015 – present: Biosafety consultancy and auditing for ‘Stichting AL terrein‘ (Science Park Bilthoven, Netherlands). https://stichting-alt.nl/
- 2015 – present: Lecturer at Laboratory Biosafety Training Course at University Hospital Milan (Italy). http://www.climvib.eu/biosafety-training-2017/
- 2015: Invited speaker at 2nd Biosecurity conference in Abu Dhabi (UAE). http://www.nbc.moew.gov.ae/portal/en/studies-and-research/location.aspx
- 2014: Trainer and instructor at live biological agent training course, using live Bacillus anthracis and Yersinia pestis, at SUJCHBO (Czech Republic).
- 2013: Participant in live chemical agent training course in Vyskov (Czech Republic).
- 2013: Project manager for large scale operational testing with live chemical, biological, and radiological (CBR) agents for a European government. Testing was carried out at SUJCHBO (Czech Republic).
- 2010 – 2017: Multiple tests (protection, detection, decontamination) with live chemical and biological agents for several customers. Testing was carried out at SUJCHBO (Czech Republic).
- 2010: Founding of Marble ChemBio Consulting.
- 2003 – 2010: Appointed Biosafety Officer at TNO (Rijswijk, Netherlands) for BSL-3 facilities.
- 2003: Guest lecturer in EMBO practical course on Integrated molecular diagnostics for tick-borne pathogens, University of Pretoria (South-Africa).
- 2000 – 2001: Visiting scientist at FOI (Umeå , Sweden): Molecular identification of strains of Francisella tularensis using DNA microarray technology. Publication: Broekhuijsen et al. (2003), J Clin Microbiol 41, 2924-2931.
- 1995 – 2000: Member of rapid toxicological intervention and first aid team at TNO (Rijswijk, Netherlands).
- 1982 – 1992: Research in genetic modification technology applied on bacteria and fungi. First author publications:
- Broekhuijsen et al. (1993), J Biotech 31, 135-145.
- Broekhuijsen et al. (1987), J Gen Virol 68, 3137-3143.
- Broekhuijsen et al. (1986), Gene 49, 189-197.
- Broekhuijsen et al. (1986), Vaccine 4, 119-124.